June 6, 2009

Summertime fun in newsprint


The Sacramento News&Review Summer Guide is on the stands this week, chock-full of fabulous entertainment ideas to make your summer the most exciting to date!

And then there's my essay on reliving summer in my childhood home, 20 years after I thought I'd left it behind. It offers no entertainment ideas whatsoever. I didn't want to pressure anyone.

To this day, when I hear Alice Cooper announce that “school’s been blown to pieces” or John Travolta sigh over those summer nights, I feel a shiver of the anticipation I felt on the last day of school. When Justin Timberlake insists what we share “just can’t be summer love,” I want to believe him. I want to believe life can seem boundless again, even though I’m an adult with three part-time jobs and the annoying habit of falling asleep before 10 p.m.


Intrigued? Bored at work? Click here for more. Or pick up a hard copy and enjoy the added bonus of dozens of coupons. There are free hamburgers in there, plus an actual coupon for a gram of medical marijuana. Yes, really. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment