October 28, 2008

Bat-frog returns!

This morning, I went to lock my guestroom door and discovered a pair of eyes peering out at me from the bolt hole.

Photobucket

I didn't know what I was looking at. A frog? A lizard? A snake? Whatever it was, I couldn't lock my door until it moved. And it did not want to move.

I called to it. I banged on the wall. I sang to it. I pretended to close the door to fake it out. The creature was having none of it.

Photobucket

I finally resorted to prying it out with an unlit stick of incense, while simultaneously praying it was not actually venomous. One aromatic prod spurred a flying leap to the door.

Photobucket

Could this be the mysterious bat-frog?

Photobucket

Before I could ask, it jumped back inside my room! I was too hungry to bother chasing it around, so I locked it in and went down the hill for breakfast.

When I returned hours later for an afternoon nap, I found I had company.

Photobucket

The frog was already tucked in, so I carefully climbed into the other side of my bed and fell asleep. Frog and Becca are friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment