November 18, 2009

Notes from the vision quest


Here is a snapshot of the notes I took during the "vision quest" workshop that gave me the idea to travel to India. (That story is here.)

I ripped them out of my official workbook and carried them in my backpack on my entire trip, right next to my passport and vaccination records. Whenever I felt lost, I consulted them for inspiration. It helped to recall my initial reasons for traveling, although I often got frustrated when I read the part that said, "When you get there, you will learn/know."

I pretty much expected to be met by some guru or international activist at the airport and immediately shepherded into my life's calling as a relief worker or a rural school teacher. What actually happened was a lot more nebulous than that. I am still trying to figure out the lesson of it all.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment